Communication is the imparting or exchanging of information or news. Whether it’s in business, personal, organizational or other, communication is KEY to the success of any relationship.
“Communication – The Human Connection – is the key to personal and career success” -Paul J. Meyer.
As a realtor, one of the key things that I have learned in Business is that “When you communicate, it’s the market’s fault. When you don’t, it’s your fault.” The importance of communication cannot be overstated.
Four Basic Modes of Communication : There are four basic modes of communication, which can be broken further down to several subsets. These modes are:
- Face-to-face : This is the most common and often the most effective, but has the limitation of space and time.
- Video : This is performed using video cameras. It is the next most effective after face-to-face.
- Text : Includes communication forms such as email, text messages, articles etc. This effective for saving records and for quick distribution.
- Audio : Is typically conducted through the use of a telephone. It is instant and convenient, its efficacy is less than that of video because we often miss the non-verbal contents of the conversation.
Ultimately, in order to increase the chances of success in career and personal life, ample and effective communication is critical. Three rules to remember when communicating.
- Seek to understand not to criticize
- Seek to explain nor to convince
- It’s not only what you say, it’s also how you say it.
“Communication is the real work of leadership” -Nitin Nohria
For more articles like this, please visit my website on www.victorlofinmakin.com/new-blog
Pick up a copy of my new best selling book “Success Made Simple” on Amazon, Kindle, iBooks etc using this short link http://amzn.to/2dpwvDY
At your service,
2016 Top 20 Under 40 Realtor
Keller Williams Commercial
(832) 788 – 1782