It is my utmost belief that the purpose of a person is to be happy and successful. However happiness and success are a continuous journey. Attaining success in one’s industry is extremely important to most Americans as several studies indicated. Attaining success is also seen as being one of the leaders in your industry. Here are 6 principles that would certainly propel anyone to the top of their industry if adhered.
- Pick an industry that you want to specialize in: At times it is difficult to settle for an industry, you can pick two complementing industries, but eventually you have to settle on an industry. This is one of the tricks of leading your industry. There is so much synergy that is gained by being focused. It is paramount that you remain focused in an industry if you intend on being a leader in that industry.
- Reading or studying in your industry at least 30 minutes a day everyday is crucial in your desire to lead your industry. According to the book “Set for life”, “One hour per day of study will put you at the top of your field within three years. Within five years, you’ll be a national authority. In seven years, you can be one of the best people in the world at what you do.” Studying for 30 minutes a day in a particular industry will make anyone one of the most educated and brilliant minds of any industry.
- Share your knowledge: Sharing and teaching others is key to continue to master your industry and it is also key to be perceived as a leader in your industry. Sharing your knowledge in writing is especially effective. You have to do research and learn the details of a subject in order for you to share and teach others. Sharing is such a powerful tool in your desire to be a leader in your industry.
- Do more than you are paid for: Nothing works unless you work. It is imperative to take initiative in the industry you have chosen. Get out and make things happen. Focus on results and not just efforts. Integrity is non-negotiable, do more than you are paid for. Do not expect a hand-out. Get out there and make it happen.
- Networking: Networking with other individuals in your field and otherwise is critical. At the end of the day, we are all in a relationship business. The more people you know, the more people can help you attain your desire to lead your industry. Make a commitment to meet at least 5 new people a week and add them to your database as you proceed in your journey.
- Get an accountability system: No one can keep themselves accountable. You will need a system or people to keep you accountable as you proceed along in your desire to be a leader in your chosen industry. An accountability system must include a mentor, coach or someone to provide you guidance when you stray.
Adhering to these principles is certain to lead anyone to the top of any industry.
For more articles like this, please visit my website at www.victorlofinmakin.com/new-blog.
You can pick up a copy of my new book “Success Made Simple on Amazon, Kindle, iBooks etc using this short link http://amzn.to/2dpwvDY
At your service,
“Obsessed with Service”
2016 Top 20 Under 40 Realtor
2018 HomeLight Top 5% National Realtor
2019 Top 20 Houston Black Real Estate Association
Academy Property Management
Freedom Capital Group
Easy Continuing Education
NMLS # 1177538